Friday, October 13, 2006

Evening Work

Watch out if you ever want to work evenings in the UK to earn some extra cash.

I've been trying to do it and today was the last time I try. There's this EU directive you see, that says you can work up to a maximum of 48 hours a week - I believe you can still opt out of it though. However, everywhere I've been they don't want to take you on if you already work in the days. I went on a lengthy interview today for an evening job and after a 2 hour assessment they tell me they won't hire anyone who works for more than 40 hours a week, including the evening job!

I give up.

So for all of you who may think it's easy to pick up a little bit of extra cash to soak up those pesky credit card bills, think again. Part time work is the reserve of students and mothers.

Later.

No comments: