Monday, April 27, 2009

Information Security – Mine or Theirs?

When you get a phone call from someone you don’t know and the first thing out of their mouth is ‘Can you confirm your date of birth please?’ doesn’t it drive you nuts? It happened again the other day and I refused and the agent on the phone behaved as if I had done something wrong. Madness. I asked them what they wanted and they said they couldn’t tell me until I confirmed by address and date of birth. Along with my name, which they seemed to already have wouldn’t that mean passing my security details to a complete stranger? Of course I’m not going to do it.

***

Remember Dorothy on Golden Girls? She died today at the age of 86. She was a good comedienne – I remember her on another show, something or other by the sea which I am told was a US version of Fawlty Towers. She will be missed.

No comments: