Saturday, June 06, 2009

If Only They Would All Do It . . .

Got a letter today from a bank I owe money to. They offered to take £200 off of the debt if I paid £20 a month more than I am and so clear the debt within 12 months.

Previously, they had sent a letter saying they would take a certain percentage off if I would clear the debt immediately. I am in debt to them because of all that goes with the credit crunch (not willing to divulge details here) and so of course their offer was meaningless too me. Now the offer I got today was very usable - I need a reduction in the overall bill, a cessation of interest and a monthly payment I can manage in my reduced circumstances. Now we both win - they get some, well most of their money, I reduce my debt and pay it off within a year and am able to live. Now if all other institutions were reasonable they would stay in business, get their money and people would be able to keep their stuff.

I hope circumstances will prompt other companies to act accordingly. In the meantime I encourage you to make offers to your creditors along these lines.

On another note - I have found the magic formula for losing weight - you ready? Here it goes.

Step 1: Eat only the calories you need (about 2100 for women and 3100 for men but check according to your lifestyle). Eat when hungry and stop when full.
Step 2: Exercise at least 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week.

Aim to lose 2lbs a week and it will stay off.

See - magic isn't it?

No comments: